Blue Wire: About Us
Blue Wire is an audio-centric sports media brand reaching millions of listeners through 200+ podcasts with influencers, journalists, athletes, pro teams, and fans. Founded in August 2018, the company has grown from a cluster of regional podcasts to one of the largest sports audio providers on the internet. With continued growth, we are recruiting for a producer enjoys crafting narratives, reporting, reworking scripts and assemblies, and digging into all corners of sports and culture.
- Description: In just two years, 20-year-old Anthony Kim joined golf’s PGA and worked his way from newbie to 6th ranked golfer in the world. Partying, wearing outlandish belt buckles and carrying himself with an almost dangerous level of swagger, Kim became a beacon for Asian-Americans who could finally see themselves storming the stodgy halls of golf. Fans and media began calling him “the next Tiger Woods,” and then... he quit. Where is Anthony Kim today? What made him give up the game he loved? And, what did—and does—AK mean for Asian Americans today?
- Episodes & Length: 2-8 episodes (25-40 mins each)
- Schedule: Winter 2021 - Spring 2022
- Rate: 10-20 hours/week, $50-$87/day (opportunity of rate increase after 3 months)
This is a remote contract position with a fully remote production studio.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assist in the development and production of an Anthony Kim/Asian Americans-in-golf narrative podcast series (est. 4-8 eps.) through various stages of production: research, outlining, reporting, booking, pre-interviews, recordings, selecting tape, story editing, scripting and assembling episodes.
- Coordinate and manage all remote interview recordings; coordinate mic delivery (if needed); execute tech checks with talent and interviewees.
- Assist producers and/or researchers in finding archival footage and communicating with rights-owners for licenses.
- In coordination with senior producer(s), select/cut tape, assemble full episodes.
- Assist all necessary narration tracking recording sessions with host(s) and producer(s) to fulfill episodes, trailers, promos and ad reads.
- Assist audio engineers and/or composers to sound design and score episodes.
- Participate in weekly production meetings with the production team (host(s), producer(s), Blue Wire EP(s)).
- Ensure all project deadlines are met, communicate production updates and hurdles in a timely manner.
- 1+ years building and editing narrative podcasts with your own two hands.
- 1+ years experience with remote audio production.
- Open to experimentation within the interview/documentary podcast format.
- Passionate and knowledgeable about storytelling and the podcasting medium.
- Meticulous editor, listener and reader.
- Collaborative mindset.
- Commitment to accuracy and a rigorous attention to detail.
- Ability to problem solve, design and implement solutions.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with a high tolerance for ambiguity.
- Can provide work samples of pieces which you reported/provided research.