Blue Wire: About Us
Blue Wire is an audio-centric sports media brand reaching millions of listeners through 200+ podcasts with influencers, journalists, athletes, pro teams, and fans. Founded in August 2018, the company has grown from a cluster of regional podcasts to one of the largest sports audio providers on the internet. With continued growth, we are recruiting for a Spinsters reporter/researcher who has experience reporting out stories/sources of their own (in audio or print).
- Show: Spinsters
- Description: A basketball podcast for people who like basketball. Conversations on Tuesdays, longform reporting on Thursdays. Co-hosted by Haley O’Shaughnessy and Jordan Ligons.
- Rate: $45-$65/hour (opportunity of rate increase after 3 months)
- Hours: 6-12 hours/week
This is a remote contract position with a fully remote production studio.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assist in production of various narrative episodes currently in production or development through the research, development, archival licensing and fact-checking phases of production.
- Assist producers and/or other researchers with finding potential interview subjects, archival footage, story angles, and narrative arcs.
- Participate in weekly show meetings with the narrative production team to review pitches and present production updates.
- Ensure all project deadlines are met, and communicate production updates and hurdles in a timely manner
- 1+ years researching and reporting feature stories, ideally in audio.
- Passionate and knowledgeable about storytelling and the podcasting medium.
- Collaborative mindset.
- Commitment to accuracy and a rigorous attention to detail.
- Ability to problem solve, design and implement solutions.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with a high tolerance for ambiguity.
- Can provide work samples of pieces which you reported/provided research.