Blue Wire: About Us
Blue Wire is an audio-centric sports media brand reaching millions of listeners through 200+ podcasts with influencers, journalists, athletes, pro teams, and fans. Founded in August 2018, the company has grown from a cluster of regional podcasts to one of the largest sports audio providers on the internet. With continued growth, we are recruiting for a Spinsters producer who enjoys crafting narratives with a variety of hosts, reworking scripts and assemblies, and digging into all corners of basketball.
- Show: Spinsters
- Description: A basketball podcast for people who like basketball. Conversations on Tuesdays, longform reporting on Thursdays. Co-hosted by Haley O’Shaughnessy and Jordan Ligons.
- Rate: $55-$70/hour (opportunity of rate increase after 3 months)
- Hours: 5-10 hours/week
This is a remote contract position with a fully remote production studio.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Lead recording, script editing, story editing, assembling and scoring on narrative episodes reported by Spinsters contributors/hosts.
- Pitch stories, as well as possible reporters/contributors, for narratives episodes/series.
- Assist other producers and/or researchers in finding archival footage.
- Participate in noting other narrative episodes in production.
- Participate in weekly show meetings with the narrative production team to review pitches and present production updates.
- Ensure all project deadlines are met, and communicate production updates and hurdles in a timely manner.
- 1+ years building and editing narrative podcasts with your own two hands.
- 1+ years composing, sound designing and/or scoring narrative podcast episodes.
- Passionate and knowledgeable about storytelling and the podcasting medium.
- Collaborative mindset.
- Commitment to accuracy and a rigorous attention to detail.
- Meticulous editor and listener.
- Ability to problem solve, design and implement solutions.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with a high tolerance for ambiguity.