Blue Wire: About Us
Blue Wire is an audio-centric sports media brand reaching millions of listeners through 200+ podcasts with influencers, journalists, athletes, pro teams and fans. Founded in August 2018, the company has grown from a cluster of regional podcasts to one of the largest sports audio providers on the internet. With continued growth across digital platforms, we are recruiting a Guest Booker.
Blue Wire is looking for a Guest Booker to join our ever-growing content team and help build on the success of our talented slate of podcasts. This person will be responsible for booking guests and talent to appear on our wide range of shows with an unwavering persistence in their pursuit of elite guests that help further our brand.
The role is remote.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Identifying and cultivating relationships to book top guests who are influencers, analysts, athletes, sports figures, etc.
- Pitch potential talent bookings to hosts and producers
- Conduct pre-interviews
- Compile relevant research for booked guests
- Coordinating with podcast hosts on research/pre-interviews to ensure you’re booking guests with diverse points of view
- Delivering detailed and accurate guest coordination information to shows
- Writing, editing, and pitching story ideas to boost appearances
- Work with talent to market guest appearances on social media
- Highly collaborative, creative, and 'bring it every day' attitude
- Strong knowledge of current events in the sports world; expertise or even working knowledge of major sports news, sports outlets, and identifiable figures in the industry
- Proven ability to prioritize and manage multiple bookings simultaneously
- Must work well under daily deadline pressure and demonstrate strong organizational and time management skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Exceptional research skills, including the ability to track people down
- Ability to think creatively and come up with unique guest ideas
- Direct experience with digital platforms and social media content