Blue Wire: About Us
Blue Wire is an audio-centric sports media brand reaching millions of listeners through 200+ podcasts with influencers, journalists, athletes, pro teams and fans. Founded in August 2018, the company has grown from a cluster of regional podcasts to one of the largest sports audio providers on the internet. With continued growth across digital platforms, we are recruiting for the Director, Finance.
Blue Wire seeks a Director, Finance to lead the company’s Finance department. This position will play an integral role in leading financial planning & analysis, budgeting, reporting, and policy development & compliance for our rapidly growing company. This individual will be a key contributor to senior management’s decision-making and interpretation of financial results.
Other responsibilities will include conducting historical analysis, forecasting projections, tracking KPIs, and creating internal tools for the company’s departments to scale. We seek someone who is comfortable taking initiative as well as playing within a structured environment.
This is a hybrid role and can be based in Los Angeles or New York.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Manage all aspects of Finance Department and partner with Chief Operating Officer on all financial planning, strategy, processes, and systems maintenance
- Own monthly financial statements, annual budgets, cash flow analysis and forecasts
- Determine key financial statistics and prepare weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual financial reports to forecast revenue/costs; including Board of Director quarterly materials
- Establish internal controls and ensure timely compliance, including tax requirements
- Drive healthy financial communications by partnering with the company leaders.
- Proactively conduct analysis with each department head to increase efficiency or strategic direction of the respective department
- Own financial systems (e.g., Netsuite, Tipalti, Brex, etc.)
- Partner with C-Suite to support overall company and finance department’s growth
- Own the Procure to Pay (Accounts Payable) process to ensure a standardized approach to payments and create proprietary payout models of Blue Wire Network (via direct report)
- Own Accounts Receivable procedure: collaborate with Business Development and Network teams to formalize invoicing, revenue recognition, and receiving payment (via direct report)
- BA/BS in Finance, Accounting, Economics, or another analytical/quantitative discipline is preferred
- Minimum 5 years overall work experience, preferably in media and entertainment
- 3+ years of management experience
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Understanding of NetSuite platform is preferred
- Strategic-Doer – be a willing & proactive participant across departments, and ability to problem solve, design and implement solutions
- Proactive Communicator - Strong communication and interpersonal skills with a high tolerance for ambiguity
- Critical Thinker – always be thinking of ways to improve the company’s operations and look for efficiencies
- Builder – Blue Wire has met every goal we have set for ourselves thus far; this person should be excited to continue that trend and journey
- Listener and Actor – be able to act with minimal instruction, proactively notify as required, and take pride in ownership of tasks
- Fun-Loving – Be a critical part of this engaging team on this exceptional journey
- Collaborator – Excited to roll up your sleeves with your team